- Error# 91, Object variable or With block variable not set in
New in version 7.2 (October 25, 2005)
- Installation of OsaSync: it's NOT necessary anymore to install
OsaSync on a shared folder or disk. OsaSync can now be installed
in the Programs Files folders like any other program. The
configuration wizard has been extended with a step in which the
OsaSync_Data folder has to be specified. This OsaSync_Data folder has to
exist on a share.
- The OsaSyncNew and OsaSyncChanged categories are now disabled by
default. To have OsaSync assign these categories to new or changed items
it's now necessary to explicitly enabled this on the OsaSync advanced
options page, tab All items.
- The Compare process has been removed from the OsaSync menu and
is now only accessible from the Exceptional produces tab on the
OsaSync advanced options window. It is not possible anymore to run the
compare process for all folders at once. Also the possibility to schedule
the compare process has been removed.
The reason for these changes is that automatic syncing has become so
reliable (thanks to the new syncing mechanism implemented in version 7.0)
that it will be rarely necessary to compare folders. If for some reason a
folder has become out of sync then resyncing the folder (by rerunning the
Prepare folders for synchronization wizard) is the best the way to
repair this. Only for email folders with a large number of emails running
the compare process is a better way to get the folders back in sync
(because the email folder compare process only creates compare data for
the missing emails and not for all emails so it runs faster then resyncing
By relocating the compare process to the exceptional
procedures OsaSync has become simpler for novice users. Quite a few people
had the impression that running the compare process was necessary to have
- Error# 2076377093 (or another number) in proc:
clsProtocolProc.pmsgRenameFolder. You don't have appropriate permission to
perform this operation.
New in version 7.1 (August
- OsaSync top level folder management has been improved: if you work
with many .pst files (= top level folders) then it's now possible to
select a top level folder to INCLUDE for OsaSync. All other folders are
then excluded. If folders from only one .pst file are synced then
explicitly including this .pst file is more easy then excluding all
others. OsaSync default is to exclude the selected folders and this can be
changed by setting a checkmark on the advanced options page to include
instead of to exclude folders.
- Error# 13 in proc: clsFolder.IsFldRenamed. Type mismatch
- Error# 91 in proc: clsFolder.SetHiddenMsgValue
New in version 7.0.3 (July
- Folder renaming was not always successfully synced.
- Folder becoming unsynced: If more than 15 contacts
were selected and moved to another folder then OsaSync could evaluate this
event erroneously as the copying of the folder and OsaSync marks a copied
folder always as being unsynced. This has been solved by implementing a
more robust mechanism for detecting the moving and/or copying of outlook
New in version 7.0.2 (July
- Error# 91 in proc: clsFldMon.SetFldToBeMonitored.
- Error# -196609 in proc: clsFldDelItmsWrap.GetChangedItmsAfterErr.
- Error# 91 in proc: clsFoldermonitor.SyncFldInitOnThis.
Could happen when all top level folders are excluded
- Error# 438 in proc: clsFoldermonitor.pmsgMoveItem.
Happened when a contact item was moved from one folder to another.
- Advanced mode syncing: folders were not marked for
syncing on the target computers.
New in version 7.0.1 (July 1, 2005)
- Error# 91 in proc: clsFolderMonitor.CreateWrapperForFld. Could happen
when an Outlook 2003 search folder was selected.
- Error# 1245708559 in proc: clsFolderMonitor.CreateFldWrappersInit. The
operation failed. If a .pst file could not be opened by Outlook.
- Error# 281 in proc: clsFldDelItmsWrap.GetChangedItems.
IMAPITable::Restrict() returned MAPI_E_EXTENDED_ERROR
- Error# 91 in proc: clsExplorer.EnableFldButtons. Object variable or
With block variable not set
- Error# 483970100 in proc: clsFldDelItmsWrap.GetChangedItems. The
requested resource was not found
New in version 7.0 (June 22, 2005)
When you start this new version for the first time then
OsaSync will run a CONVERSION process . OsaSync now uses a new
mechanism for detecting changes (see below) and in order to be able to work
with this new mechanism OsaSync will copy all properties of contacts to hidden properties. This conversion can take some
time depending on the number of synced folders and the speed of your
OsaSync will also create a computers configuration file that lists all your
configured computers. This file will be created in the \OsaSync\Data folder and is called CnfComputers.txt. For each computer a
computer ID is created and OsaSync will rename some OsaSync Windows registry
keys from computer
name to computer ID.
Most work has been spent in changing an architectural aspect of
OsaSync. OsaSync used to depend heavily on Outlook events in order to find
out what was changed by the user. This event driven model has been abandoned
and is now replaced by another mechanism: OsaSync now stores the existing
state of each item in invisible properties and compares the old properties
to the new properties in order to find out what has changed. This mechanism
makes the change detection more robust then the previous event-driven
mechanism. We expect this mechanism to be so robust that it will become very
unlikely to detect changes during a folder compare process. If so, we intend
to remove the compare mechanism altogether from OsaSync in a future version.
A Duplicate Items Remover (accessible via the
exceptional procedures tab on the OsaSync advanced options window). If
you have folders with duplicate items then you can have them removed by
OsaSync to a subfolder called OsaSync_Duplicate_Items.
- Syncing of the follow-up flag for contact items.
- Contacts can be marked unread by
OsaSync when they are imported or changed by OsaSync (setting on
the OsaSync advanced options page; items tab). When changed contacts are
marked unread it's possible to see at a glance with contacts have been
changed by others. Use a table view to see the unread contacts.
- Outlook will now start faster then it did with the
previous OsaSync version. OsaSync initialization used to block Outlook
from being responsive. This has been changed so that the initialization
will now take place in the background so that Outlook is responsive.
During this initialization period the major OsaSync functions (like
checking for changes on other computers) are not yet available and are
greyed-out until initialization is ready.
- OsaSync has become independent of computer names so it is now more
easy to change a computer name.
- Error# 91 in proc: clsContactImp.AskIfCreateNewCnt. Object variable or
With block variable not set
- Several other bug fixes and tweaks
New in version 6.2.2 (2005, February 17)
- error# 52 in clsRemdataprocessor.CompDataEnd
New in version 6.2 (2005, January 4)
- OsaSync now also supports the French, German, Italian and Spanish
languages. OsaSync adapts the Outlook language if it's one of these
- Error# 6 in proc: clsFolder.moOlItems_ItemChange. Overflow
New in version 6.1.1 (December 21)
- While running the OsaSync connection wizard it was not possible to get
past the step 'Select folder' because the wizard was still looking for the
file 'VaitaOutlookSharing.dll'. while this file had been renamed to 'OsaSyncLite.dll'.
This has now been corrected so the wizard now looks for 'OsaSyncLite.dll'
New in version 6.1 (December 16)
- Starting from this version 6.1, OsaSync Lite has become FREEWARE. All
previous checks on computer names and licence codes have been removed. A
restriction has been added to work with 4 computers maximum.
All existing OsaSync Lite customers will be upgraded
to OsaSync PRO for free! They will receive an e-mail from Vaita with
a new registration code for OsaSync PRO.
New in version 6.0.4 (December 6)
- If the 'prepare folders for synchronization' wizard was run in
advanced mode and a computer was added to the list of synced computers (so
the folder was already synced) this caused problems because OsaSync
recreated the OsaSync ID's of all items in the folder. This caused the
folder to become out-of-sync with the computers on which the folder was
New in version 6.0.3 (November 26)
- Error# 91 in proc: ctlFTPfolders.SetCaptions. Could happen when the
connection wizard was started from the OsaSync options page
- Error# 91 in proc: clsExplorer.ToggleMenuButtons
- Several customers expressed there confusion with regards to the
OsaSync licence key and the subscription key. In order to make this
subject more simple we stop working with a separate subscription key and
add the subscription date to the regular OsaSync licence key. From now it
doesn't matter if you buy your initial licence; if you extend your licence
or if you renew your subscription. In all cases you receive the same
licence key. If you reinstall OsaSync you now only need to paste the last
licence key you received from us, so there's no need anymore to paste a
separate subscription key.
New in version 6.0.2 (November 22)
- The OsaSync registration window now has only one input box for licence
keys. There was some confusion about which code (or key) had to be pasted
in which input box. We start using the term 'licence key' for each
encrypted code you receive from us regardless if the code is for a
subscription renewal or for a new OsaSync licence.
We also dropped the term 'upgrade' because it was used ambiguous in
OsaSync. 'Check for updates on other computers' has been changed to 'check
for changes on other computers'. 'Upgrade licence' has been changed to
'Extend licence' and 'Upgrade OsaSync' is now only used to get a new
- In a certain scenario a new contact could be created twice on the
New in version 6.0.1 (November 12)
- Error 91 in proc: clsManager.moInspectors_NewInspector. Happened when
opening a distribution list in a synced folder.
New in version 6.0 (October 25)
- When a folder is synchronized it is not necessary anymore to manually
merge contacts from other computers into the 'source' folder. OsaSync
will do merging.
- A compare data expiration date can now be set on the OsaSync
advanced options window. If compare data is created and the other computer
comes back online when the expiration date has expired then the compare
data will not be processed but will be deleted. Older compare data is not
so useful anymore because several new changes can have been made since the
compare data was created. This expiration date now defaults to 7 days.
- Compare data can now be created for a selected range of computers. The
OsaSync menu has been enhanced with the option Create compare data for
this folder with selected computers.
- It is now possible to sync a folder that is already synced with an
extra computer from the OsaSync tab on the folder properties window
(right-click on a folder and choosing properties).
- The prepare folders for synchronization wizard has a new option
to synchronize folders in enhanced mode. Using enhanced mode it is
possible to sync several large folders much faster then when using normal
mode. Enhanced mode however requires manual copying of the .pst file(s) so
this mode can only be used when your Outlook and OsaSync setup
enables the initial use of the same .pst file.
- New layout of the OsaSync advanced options page: a tabbed dialog with
three tabs is used in order to present options more structured.
- Excluding top level folders for OsaSync can now be done by simply
selecting folders from a list instead of having to type folder
- The progress windows shown by OsaSync used to get the focus. The
active window would loose it's focus thereby interrupting your work.
Progress windows don't get focus anymore in this version.
- If a new contact is created and closed without saving OsaSync does not
create upgrade files anymore.
- Several other tweaks
New in version 5.7.2 (June 22)
- Read-Only folders: if while running the synchronization wizard
a folder was configured Read-Only on some but not on all computers then it
was possible that the configuration of Read-Only computers did not succeed
- Read-Only folders: if an item is added in a Read-Only folder
OsaSync will show a message and delete the item.
- OsaSync by default sets the OsaSyncNew or OsaSyncChanged
category when an item is imported after being updated on another computer.
Some users indicated there dislike of this feature so it is now optional:
you can disable the use of these categories on the OsaSync advanced
- If Outlook is connected to an Exchange server OsaSync will by
default ignore the top level folder 'Public Folders'. This makes it
possible to sync folders from the users mailbox although these mailboxes
(there top level folder names) are different on each users machine. Note:
this is only possible when there are no other top level folders other then
the public folders and the users mailbox.
New in version 5.7 (June 7)
- Compare: It's now also possible to create compare data for a
selected folder and all it's subfolders. This process will also
detect if there is a folder that's synced on this computer while it's not
synced on the other computer or vice versa.
- Moving, copying or deleting a selection of more than 15 items at once
(a bulk) has become more solid. If two or more bulk operations were
performed fast after one another OsaSync could 'miss' one of these bulk
- OsaSync will now mark an item when it imports its changes from
another computer as being new or changed. OsaSync adds the category
"OsaSyncNew" when it's a new item and "OsaSyncChanged" when it's a change
to an existing item. This enables you to quickly see which items have been
added or changed by OsaSync by applying a view with the category field. If
an item marked with "OsaSyncNew" or "OsaSyncChanged" is changed by you the
marker will disappear on your computer and appear on the other computers
after this change has been imported on those computers.
When you remove the "OsaSyncNew" or "OsaSyncChanged" category when you are
finished reviewing the updates, it will not be recognized as a change, so
nothing will happen on the other computers.
- OsaSync Options can be password protected. If you want
to prevent an inexperienced user from changing OsaSync options you can
check the box 'Enable password protection for OsaSync options' on the
OsaSync advanced options window. You will have to specify a password which
will be asked for whenever an option is changed (except for options
concerning the display of progress windows and the enabling of extended
- Compare process options have been arranged more clearly on three
tabbed dialogs on the compare options window.
- Error# 13 in clsProtocolProc.GetHighestTxTSeqNr or in
clsProtocolProc.CreateFileName: type mismatch.
New in version 5.6 (May 7)
- When a computer is not available OsaSync shows a message. You can now
indicate that you don't want to see these messages anymore.
- The optional progress windows shown when OsaSync imports updates from
other computers can
now be displayed minimized in the Windows taskbar so the popping up of the
progress windows doesn't interrupt anymore.
- Error# 9 in proc: clsFoldermonitor.pmsgSyncFldBegin. Subscript out of
- OsaSync also checked for duplicate contacts in non-synced folders.
- OsaSync sometimes wrote temporary data into the OsaSync application
installation folder. This resulted in errors when the user doesn't have
write/modify access rights in this folder. Temporary data is now written
in the system TEMP folder (Note: the user should still have create-,
write-, modify access rights in the OsaSync\LOG folder).
New in version 5.5.2 (March 12)
- After installation of Office XP SP3 the Outlook security dialog was
triggered when a contact item or an appointment was selected. This version
doesn't trigger this warning anymore.
- Error# 6 in proc: clsFolder.moOlItems_ItemChange. Overflow
- The compare process can now be run when the folder is empty (in order
to see if the other computers do have items in the folder)
New in version 5.5 (February 27)
- Extensive checks have been added to make sure no DUPLICATE OsaSync
ID's can exists in the same folder. Warnings have also been added in case
a contact is added to a folder and OsaSync sees that this contact is
already in the folder. You will have to explicitly allow the adding of
duplicate contacts or choose to have them deleted by OsaSync. OsaSync
recognizes a contact as being the same if the following properties are the
full name; company name and email address
- When OsaSync is importing updates from other computers it now shows a
progress window. Whether you want to see this window or not every time
OsaSync processes update files can be set on the OsaSync options page.
We recommend to keep this window visible and to limit your changes in
synced folders during the time this window is visible. During the time
OsaSync is processing updates it is possible OsaSync misses a manual
change made by you (e.g. you move a contact from or to a synced folder) so
it's best to wait until OsaSync has finished processing the update files.
- If it's necessary to remove OsaSync ID's from a folder you can now
select this folder instead of having to remove ID's from all folders.
- By default if you move a contact from a synced folder to a non-synced
folder, OsaSync will also move this contact on the synced computers and
create the non-synced folder if necessary. You can now change this
behavior to contacts becoming deleted on the synced computers instead of
being moved by a setting on the OsaSync advanced options page.
- If a contact is deleted on another computer from a synced folder it
will also be deleted on your computer. This happens by default without
notification. You can now have OsaSync ask you for confirmation before it
deletes a contact.
- When OsaSync was looking in a folder if a contact (or contact
ID) is already present this could take some time especially in folders
with a large number of contacts. The speed of this lookup process has now
been increased dramatically.
- Several errors
New in version 5.4.5 (January 29)
- error# 436, Object doesn't support this property or method while
running the connection wizard in the Logon step
New in version 5.4.2 (November 28)
- Error# '9', subscript out of range, when opening the OsaSync Advanced
- An update to the Contacts notes field was sometimes not synced. This
could happen if the notes update was the only update to the Contact.
- Creation of synchronization data has been changed in order to prevent
Outlook from freezing during the 'prepare folders for syncing' process.
- If 3 or more computers are synced an extra check is added to make sure
all computers are marked for syncing with each other correctly.
- Small but nasty bug that could result in updates
being 'missed' by OsaSync.
New in version 5.4 (November 21)
- The default value for running the compare process has been set to NOT
run automatically. The previous default setting was: run every 7 days.
- In some scenario's duplicates contacts could be created.
Before OsaSync imports a contact it will now first check if the contact is not
yet there. OsaSync will use the full name, company name and
email address to see if the Contact is already present. If the folder already contains
the contact then OsaSync will not import the contact again but only match the
OsaSync ID (= the 'vaSCid' field)
- Extra checks are also added to make sure no contacts can be imported with
the same OsaSync ID
- If a new Contact was created and it was marked Private while 'do not
sync private items' was set on the OsaSync Advanced options page the
contact was still synced.
- In some scenario's not all User-Defined Fields on a custom Contacts
form were synced correctly. Some fields could be missed.
- When OsaSync was ready with comparing data received from other
computers, the timer to automatically check for changes on other computers
was not enabled again. No updates were processed until the next restart of
Outlook or until 'check for changes' was clicked in the OsaSync menu.
- When you run the 'prepare folder for syncing' process or create
compare data the corresponding computers will postpone importing this data
before all data has been received. This prevents the scenario that the
importing computer could import data faster then the source computer could
generate the data and therefore end up with incomplete data.
- several other minor enhancements.
New in version 5.3.3 (August 28)
- OsaSync now also 'catches' updates to Contact categories made by
moving a contact in a view by category. This was previously not recognized
so this update wasn't synced to the other computers.
- Error# 0 or 91 in proc: clsCreateCmpData.CreateNextFile. Could occur
when compare data was created for a Calendar folder.
New in version 5.3.2 (August 15)
- error# 91, Object variable or With block variable not set. Procedure:
New in version 5.3.1 (August 13)
- error# 91, Object variable not set or error# 424, Object required in
- In some scenario's moving a folder could be 'missed' by OsaSync
resulting in the folder not being moved on the synced computers.
Improvements have been made to reduce this chance.
- Error# 91 in proc: clsFldDelItmsWrap.moDeletedItems_ItemAdd. Object
variable or With block variable not set. Happened when there were no
synced folders yet.
- This update includes a small utility called OsaMonitoring that
checks every minute if OsaSync is still running and warns if this is not
the case. See the FAQ What is
OsaMonitoring for details.
- The way OsaSync processes update files on other computer has been
improved. It will now be possible to continue working when a large number
of files is being processed. This improvement also strongly reduces the
chance of Outlook freezing or running out of memory during the import of
synchronization data for folders with many contacts.
New in version 5.3 (August 4)
Enhancements to the folder comparing process:
- All options related to folder comparing are moved to a separate window
'Compare folder options'. This window is accessible during the compare
- New option for the compare process: 'update the property on this
computer if it hasn't changed since the last compare run'. OsaSync will
automatically apply the properties of the item on the OTHER computer by
updating the item on THIS computer if:
a) the item has been changed on the OTHER computer on a later time then on
the current computer AND
b) the item on the CURRENT computer hasn't been changed since the last
time when the folder was compared.
In this case it is certain that the differences are caused by a change on
the OTHER computer.
- It is now REALLY possible to continue working while OsaSync is
creating compare data or when it is processing compare data received from
another computer. Comparing takes place in the background and doesn't
block Outlook as it used to do in previous versions.
- If the comparing process detects a difference and prompts you with a
window to make a choice it is now still possible to access Outlook and
continue working. Previously you had to close this window in order to be
able to do anything else in Outlook.
- The FileAs field for contacts could be different on the destination
computers as on the source computer after synchronization. This resulted
in a different listing of the contact items when the contact view is
sorted on the FileAs field.
- error# 91: in proc: clsExplorer.moOLExpl_FolderSwitch, Object variable
or With block variable not set. Happened when selecting the 'My Documents'
or 'My Computer' icon in the Outlook bar.
- Error# 91 in proc: clsFldDelItmsWrap.moDeletedItems_ItemAdd. Object
variable or With block variable not set. Happened when deleting an e-mail.
- Problem during first time synchronization with more than one other
When there are no folders already synced and the first time a folder is
synced to more than one computer then this folder is not marked on the
other computers as being synced with all other computers. So if you sync a
folder on computer A with computer B and C then B doesn't mark this folder
as being synced with C and C doesn't mark it as synced with B. This error
doesn't occur when there is at least one folder already synced when the
'prepare folders for synchronization' is started.
New in version 5.2.1 (June 27)
- Error# 6 in proc: clsManager.GetRemoteData. Overflow.
- Error# 424 in proc: AddinGlobals:CleanUpGlobals. Object required.
Could occur if a contact inspector window remained open for some time.
- Error#: 424: Procedure: AddinGlobals:CleanUpGlobals. Object Required.
Occurred when Outlooks closes and there are no synchronized folders.
New in version 5.2 (June 26)
In this Upgrade OsaSync will run a one time only
conversion process. Starting Outlook can take a few minutes because of this
- Enhanced PDA/cell phone support:
OsaSync will now automatically recognize all changes made on your PDA
while you sync with the PDA and copy them to all other computers. All
items new, updated or deleted on your PDA will be added, updated or
deleted on the computers synced with OsaSync. The manual procedure
'Copy PDA changes' has become obsolete.
Read more about this new PDA support
and how to enable OsaSync for PDA support on the FAQ page.
- When OsaSync is comparing contacts and finds a difference it is now
possible to see all contact properties for both contacts in one
window. This makes it more easy to see what has been changed and to choose
which property has to be used.
- using some user defined fields other then the 'vaSCid' field. These
other user defined fields have been removed so if you are working with a
custom form and you have added the 'vaSCid' field to this form then
one-off items will not be created anymore.
New in version 5.1.1 (June 11)
- Error# 53 in proc: clsContactProcessor.ImportBody. File not found
New in version 5.1 (May 22)
- If OsaSync runs in Local Mode it will display 'OsaSync - LM' in the
Outlook menu. OsaSync runs in Local Mode when OsaSync has been configured
in Client-Server mode and when the server is not available (e.g.: when you
travel with your laptop). In Local Mode it is not possible to synchronize
or compare folders.
- You can now create a new contact by copying and pasting an existing
contact into the same folder and then change only certain properties like
the contacts name. OsaSync now recognizes this and assigns a new unique
contact ID (= the 'vaSCid' field) to the copied contact.
- The Advanced Options window now adds the possibility to specify the
name of a top level folder to be excluded by OsaSync. When OsaSync starts
it iterates all folders in all top level folders. Some top level folders
like 'WinFax Fax Logs' produce errors when OsaSync reads it's contents.
Other folders that can produce problems are HTTP mailboxes like hotmail.
An excluded folder will not cause problems but its sub folders cannot be
- While syncing contacts the contact notes field now retains
formatting with bold. italic, colors etc. Formatting was lost in
- If the same contact notes field is updated on two disconnected
computers OsaSync will now recognize this and prompt you to ask which
update you want to use. You can also choose to append the update from the
other computer to the existing notes field which enables you to merge the
- If OsaSync is setup in Client-Server mode then the 'check for changes
on other computers' time can now be set to a minimum of 1 minute (this
used to be 5 minutes).
- If two instances of Outlook were started this could result in an error
when one instance was being closed.
- In some scenario's copying or moving a contact could be missed by
OsaSync. Copying and moving items has been improved so items will also be
copied or moved on the other computers.
New in version 5.0 (April 28)
- New folder synchronization wizard. This wizard takes you step by step
through the prepare folders for synchronization process. See the updated
Getting Started page for
- A folder can now be marked as Read-Only on a target computer during
the synchronization process. In this way syncing works one-way only: from
the source to the target computer. The user on the target computer can
only view the contents of the folder but not make any changes.
- The new synchronization wizard syncs one folder at a time but
experienced users can change this to multiple folders at once by checking
a box on the OsaSync advanced options page.
Note: this is not recommended.
- The 'Prepare folders for synchronization' process can now be disabled
by setting a checkmark on the advanced options page. Disabling this
process can prevent a user from accidentally syncing a folder again if the
folder syncing preparation process has already run.
- Error# 234 in proc: clsComputer.ReadFromRegistry. Error calling API
function. This error occurred when Outlook was started while there are
very much contact folders synced.
- Error# 438 in proc: clsContactProcessor.CompareCntProperties. Object
doesn't support this property or method
- When working with more than one top level folder (= more .pst files)
the deletion of items and folders on the synced computers did ONLY WORK IN
ONE TOP LEVEL FOLDER. Items or folders being deleted in one of the other
.pst files did NOT get deleted on the synced computers. This has been
solved so now all items and folders in all .pst files will be deleted on
the other computers as well.
- Syncing subfolders of a folder that had been assigned an alternative
folder name on the other computers was not handled correctly.
- If the property 'Contact found on other computer' on the advanced
options page was checked it was not checked anymore on the next startup.
New in version 4.0.2 (April 2)
- When comparing contacts OsaSync could prompt you saying that a contact
had a business address on one computer and not on the other computer while
this is not the true; the contact doesn't have a business address on both
New in version 4.0.1 (March 28)
- Error# 91 in proc: clsFolderMonitor.ProcessFldAdd. Object variable or
With block variable not set. Could happen when a new folder is created in
a synced folder
- Error# 424 in proc: clsExplorer.DisableMenu. Object required
- If a new contact was created while the selected folder was not a
contacts folder and the contact was moved into a synced folder from the
inspector menu 'File - Move to folder', this new contact was not synced.
New in version 4.0 (February 20)
new functions; solved problem
- The 'prepare folders for synchronization' process as well as the
'Create compare data' process has been revised in order to speed up the
creation of data files when syncing or comparing with two or more other
computers. When a large folder was synced with several other computers
this process could run a long time and sometimes cause Outlook to freeze
- Importing synchronization data files runs faster.
New in version 3.10.2 (February 13)
- Error number 13 Procedure: clsInterface.AcceptOCXparams. This error
could occur on clicking the 'synchronize this folder...' button on the
OsaSync tab of a folder property page.
- Some applications like ActiveSync (for the PocketPc) initialize
Outlook 'behind the screens'. If the Outlook process is already running in
the background and you start Outlook manually OsaSync would not start.
This update adds a workaround for this.
- Outlook becoming unstable and behaving
strange on Windows XP. Examples of strange
The ESC or DEL key does not respond; the preview pane doesn't work;
Outlook item edit windows cannot be closed; Run time error 91 when Outlook
closes; Outlook doesn't want to restart; etc.
New in version 3.10.1 (February 4)
- Changes to a private contact were not updated on the other computers
although 'Do NOT sync items marked as private' was not checked.
- When a contacts address was cut and pasted into another address type
(e.g. business address was deleted and home address created) the old
address was not deleted on the other computers.
- In some cases a licence key related problem could occur
resulting in error# 13 in clsManager.testlicence.
New in version 3.10 (January 31)
- Syncing of contacts and appointments marked as 'private' has been made
optional. In version 2.1 the feature has been added to NOT sync items
marked as private. This has now been made optional depending on the
setting 'Do NOT sync items marked as private' on the OsaSync advanced
options window. By default private items ARE synced now.
New in version 3.9 (January 23)
- A new function has been added: 'Copy PDA changes for this folder' and
'Copy PDA changes for all folders'. You can use this function to quickly
copy those contacts that have been changed by the PDA or cell phone syncing
software to the other synced computers. The difference with the compare
process is that copying the changes made by your PDA syncing software
copies only those contacts that have been changed in the last x minutes
while the compare process creates compare data for ALL contacts. Read more on the
differences with comparing on the FAQ
New in version 3.8.1 (January 17)
- A serious bug in versions 3.8 and 3..7.3 can
cause several errors including:
- A folder not being synced anymore.
- When comparing folders OsaSync prompted for the 'personal folders'
folder as not found.
New in version 3.8 (January 13)
- Contacts marked as 'private' (check box in the right corner of the
contact edit window) are now NOT synced anymore. This makes it possible to
exclude some contacts in a synchronized folder from being synced.
- If your regional settings have a dot as the date separator character
OsaSync ran into trouble on updating the Birthday or Anniversary of a
- On changing a contacts email address the Outlook security warning was
New in version 3.7.3 (January 8)
- The options window now has the setting 'Check when Outlook starts'.
Selecting this will make OsaSync check for changes on other computers
immediately when Outlook starts and not wait until the period set for
checking has elapsed.
New in version 3.7.2 (December 17)
- The compare process did not update the other computers. This happened
for several contact item fields.
- The compare process prompted to make a choice when the country field
for a contact was filled on one computer while it is empty on the other.
In this version the country field is only compared if the fields on both
computers are not empty. Outlook on one computer can fill out the country
field by itself while on the other computer it doesn't resulting in a
'different' address field on both machines. OsaSync now ignores this
New in version 3.7.1 (December 12)
- Error# 91 in proc: clsFoldermonitor.SyncFldInitSameAsOther. Object
variable or With block variable not set. If you have encountered this
error re-sync the folder!
- In a synced folder in which no single item had been added or changed
yet manually, an update received from another computer could fail because
OsaSync could not find the item to update.
New in version 3.7 (December 10)
- A synchronized folder now can have a different folder name on the
other computer(s), e.g. 'Contacts' on one computer can be named 'John's
contacts' on the other computer.
- The folder list on the synchronization window now displays the full
Outlook folder path.
- The OsaSync folderID's are not stored anymore in the folder
description. When Outlook is started the fist time after this upgrade has
been installed all folderID's will be converted and Outlook has to be
- OsaSync will not create folderID's anymore for all folders but only
for the synced folders (and the synced folder parent folder). This makes
it possible to use OsaSync in Outlook configured as an Microsoft Exchange
client (although some caveats can still be there).
- Several issues related to synchronization have been solved. In general
the syncing mechanism has been improved to make it more reliable and
- error# 91 in proc: clsFolderMonitor.SetSyncFolderID. Error occured on
syncing a folder that doesn't exist yet on the other computer
- If a new contact was created from the Outlook menu while the contacts
folder was not yet selected is was possible that OsaSync did not
create an update data file, so the new contact was not synced with the
New in version 3.6.7 (November 21)
- Creating a new contact in phone list view by typing in the 'click here
to add a new contact' field was not recognized and didn't result in the
contact being copied to the other computers
- Error: -448790801 in clsFolderMonitor.GetAllFolders. This error
occurred when Outlook can not open a .pst file. This can happen when the
referenced .pst file resides on a network share and you start Outlook
while not being connected to the network.
New in version 3.6.6 (November 7)
- Error in clsExplorer.moOLExpl_SelectionChange: 'The Explorer has been
- The scheduling of compare data did not work properly. The scheduled
process would never start.
- If OsaSync receives a contact from a synced folder on another computer
and the folder isn't synced on the receiving computer, OsaSync will ask if
the item has to be imported and if the folder should be marked as being
- When adding a single category to a contact this category was
duplicated on the receiving computer
- Error 438 in clsFolderMonitor.GetFolderID
New in version 3.6.5 (November 2)
- Some errors related to the Dutch version. Also some corrections to
texts displayed on OsaSync windows in the Dutch version.
New in version 3.6.4 (November 1)
- The logfiles 'vosaddin.log', 'sync.log' and 'voswiz.log' are renamed
to include the computer name. E.g. when your computer name is 'LaptopJohn'
the vosaddin.log file is renamed to 'LaptopJohn_vosaddin.log'.
- After a certain scenario the OsaSync options window was not shown
after clicking 'Options...' in the OsaSync menu.
- The setting 'check for changes every ... minutes' on the OsaSync
options page now has a minimum value of 5 minutes.
New in version 3.6.3 (October 28)
- During installation of version 3.6.2. on Windows 98/ME the following
error can occur:
Unable to register the DLL/OCX: LoadLibrary failed: Code 11
An attempt to load a program with an incorrect format.
New in version 3.6.2 (October 20)
- The OsaSync menu item 'Synchronize folders...' has been renamed to
'Prepare folders for synchronization...' in order to make it more clear
that this procedure only has to run once for each folder. If
synchronization runs for a folder already prepared OsaSync asks for
New in version 3.6.1 (October 14)
- Error# 91 in proc: frmTimers.tmrRemData_Timer.
- Error# 91 in proc: clsManager.GetRemoteData
- Error# 91 in proc: clsManager.moExplorers_NewExplorer
New in version 3.6 (October 11)
- OsaSync now asks for your permission before deleting a synchronized
folder as a result of the same folder having been deleted on another
- OsaSync now also asks permission before deleting more than 15 contacts
as a result of a bulk delete on another computer.
- The message shown after choosing 'check for changes on other
computers' from the OsaSync menu now shows a link to an explanation in the
faq page if OsaSync was unable to connect to another computer.
- Serious bug in OsaSync versions 3.4.1; 3.4.2;
3.4.3 and 3.5:
After changing a value on the OsaSync options page OsaSync STOPS
processing changes to contacts.
- error 91 in clsFolderMonitor.IsSynced. Could occur when Outlook
deletes a contact during a copy or move to a folder already containing the
New in version 3.5 (October 8)
- OsaSync help has been extended to include a Getting started tutorial.
This tutorial describes the installation, configuration and
synchronization of the contacts folder in detail with a step-by-step
example. You can also read this tutorial online on
the getting started page.
- Error no. 91, object variable or with block not set in
clsManger.moDeletedItems_ItemAdd procedure. This happened on a computer
without any synced folders after deleting an email from the inbox.